Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Traveling Looks Good on Me... Lanni O'Reilly

Hello parents, fans, and stalkers! As you have already read from some of my beautiful team mates, the NZ/Samoa trip was amazing. Everything about the two countries was beautiful; the rolling green hills, the quiet clear ocean, and most importantly the people. It’s amazing how much you are able to learn when serving others. Here are some memories from New Zealand and Samoa:

-trying to get used to the roads (Sam nearly killed our van a couple times, saved by divine intervention)
-our ferry ride to Davenport
-Erica and Patty missing the ferry ride back from Davenport
-when we left 'Ilikea at the museum (oops…)
-when Jaicee missed the ball while hitting during the game
-temple day
-Air New Zealand
-giving and singing to the elementary school and high school
-Karaoke night!!
-throwing shirts to random people walking on the street
-beach days with the girls

There are so many other memories that I have and cherish. The best part of the trip was getting closer to my team. I’ve learned so much from this experience, but what I’ve gained most is a new and profound pride for my own beautiful country. Experiencing other countries and other cultures helped me see all the blessings I have here. I love the United States more than I can express, and I’m so grateful for the inspired men that were brave enough to stand apart and start it.

–Lanni O’Reilly #5












No comments:

Post a Comment