Monday, June 7, 2010

Memoirs of the Alumnus... Jessica 'Bird' Endres

The trip overall was way more memorable than I could have ever hoped. As I got to know more of the girls on the team more it was easy to see what a special and fun group of girls the team is. Along the way I made new friendships and had many special experiences. I am so grateful for the host family I had in New Zealand, the Herberts. It felt good to connect with saints half way across the world and feel thier love for us even though we were strangers. It taught me a lot about fellowship and kindness.
Samoa was absolutely incredible for me. I loved being in that culture and feeling the spirit that those people have there. I have so many highlights in Samoa that it is hard to narrow down my favorite moments.
Our visit to the primary school is at the top of my list. I honestly did not want to leave those children. I wanted to stay and spend time with each of them and learn about them. The way that they welcomed us and were so happy to have us there was great. I could have stayed there all day playing with them.
I also really enjoyed the experience at the high school. Once again the people of Samoa had such a spirit about them that was contagious. It was so cool to see the honor that they showed to Sam. I was so happy to be able to be there.
It goes without saying that I loved all of our time at the beach. I truly am genuinely happy when im out in the sunshine and water in one of the most gorgeous beaches in the world.
Kareoke night was so fun and totally unexpected. Thank you to everyone for thier performances!
haha I could go on and on and on about all of the special memories I now have. Bottom line is that it is a trip that I will never forget. I will never forget the way I felt while serving the people of Samoa and the spiritual experiences I had. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go and for the friendships I have now made. Talofa everyone!!!!

-Jess


















No comments:

Post a Comment