Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 13 Saying goodbye to Samoa

Day 13
Sierra: Lena! I am so excited we got to go back to the primary school and experience the culture and thank you presents that they presented us!
Lena: I know, it’s amazing how willing to give they are when they really don’t have anything.
Sierra: They gave us so many lava lavas, hand crafts, and jewelry. I think it was very emotional for all of us seeing their giving hearts.
Lena: We were all so grateful. For the little that we did for them, they gave us everything they could back. I think all of us reevaluated what we take for granite back home. We don’t even think when we sit down on chairs with desks at school, and computers are just there for us at our convenience. To see these kids overjoyed at those “little things”, urged all of us to look at our attitudes differently.
Sierra: Yeah we really are so grateful! We were so excited to have our beach day after meeting with the kids! Unfortunately it was pouring rain the whole drive up there! It was still so fun though because we got to give out T-shirts to the locals! I absolutely love doing that to see the looks on their faces! I think that also made us super grateful to see how happy they were to receive something as simple as a T-shirt.
Lena: That was one of my favorite things we did on this trip!
Sierra: Me too! On our way to the beach, we got to stop at that awesome waterfall and take pictures!
Lena: It was amazing! I was speechless because of the beautiful creations that God made for us. It was such beautiful scenery.
Sierra: I loved it to! We had so much fun on the Sinalei beach. Although it wasn’t very sunny, we still made it a good time! I loved jumping off the pier into the swimming hole and laying in the sand. I also enjoyed paddle boarding, until I fell off and cut my foot. Overall it was a successful beach day!
Lena: Oh yeah, I am sorry about your foot Sierra I hope it is healing fast! The Sinalei Resort was incredible. We all enjoyed all the fun activities. My favorite part was the snorkeling!! I think all of us collected some beautiful shells. I have to agree that it was one of the best beach days! But we ended the day perfectly by throwing shirts out to people on the way home. It was the cherry on top to an amazing day!
Sierra: Such an incredible day! To top it off, we had a nice team meeting reflecting on our trip. It ended up being so emotional and spiritual sharing thoughts and feelings about each other and how all of us had been effected by this amazing experience we got to share together. I think we all came to the conclusion we were all on this team for a reason and were very blessed to have an amazing coach that gave us this incredible rare opportunity to serve as a team. We all became a little more thankful for everything we had that day and will always remember this incredible experience.

Lena: It was an awesome meeting; each of us expressing our gratitude for what we have and also this memorable experience that we will always remember and hold dearly to our hearts. I think Sierra and I speak for everyone when we say that we are all sisters now and our bonds are unbreakable. We have each gained a new perspective and are eager to go back home and share it with our friends and family.
-Lena, Sierra














5 comments: