Monday, May 24, 2010

Highlights and Memories by Erica Nish...

NEW ZEALAND
-Me and Patti missing the ferry...for chocolate...
-At the children's hospital when my new little friend John asked what culture Coach was, haha, I'll never forget his face, "He looks Indian" he said in his NZ accent.
-The NZ McDonald's is two stories and is set up like a nice restaurant... what the?
-Fa, me and Lanni singing every morning when the breakfast crew left.
-Lanni and I going off on the Princess Bride
-Patti and I watching the field hockey directly after the game to see if there were any NZ cuties like from the day before...yeah...it ended up being little girls playing...
-Collecting seashells with my Grama on the beach
-That hideous grease smell at the fish and chips shack
-Sarah getting pooped on!
-NZ has the best chips and tomato sauce EVAH!!!
-Mine and Dani's host family were totally the best!
-Mother's Day dinner spent with my grandparents and my host family!
-Sunday night going to the Templeview, NZ hang out spot...the temple! haha
-Meeting new people and talking about our countries and comparing them with the other young adults we hung out with at the temple
-Swiping into Allyce on the luge because my breaks didn't work...thank goodness you get a new luge every time you ride down so I could ditch that one...
-Sarah biffing it on the scenic route
-Lindsay and I trying to take pictures on the luge but laughing too hard
-Rachel is the best photographer for jumping pictures
-The cultural experience was simply amazing
-I ate my first oyster... interesting...
-Maori faces...pukana?
-Sitting in the temple with most of the team... awesome...
-Jaicee missing her hit, hahaha
-Mine and Dani's host family made dinner for us so we ate the group potluck AND dinner at home!!
-I forgot to say how much i LOVE Feajoas!! My host mom gave me a whole bag of them! I had to eat them before we got to the airport!
-Drinking my first tim tam slam! so glad Dani had her camera out! haha

SAMOA
-Walking off the plane the stairs and hand rail were soaking from the humidity
-The welcoming band in the airport
-Nightmare the first night that all the dogs on the island were surrounding me... seriously so scary.
-Waking up every five minutes when the buses came thinking they were huge dump trucks and rowdy teenagers because the buses blast music out of their windowless frames.
-Buying my first lava lava
-Laying on the pier with Lindsay as the rain showered us at the beach
-Ah Mu elementary- everything about it
-Seeing the mom's face when we handed her child a teddy bear at the hospital and then turning to give her a hygiene kit. Wow.
-Our vball game in the freakin hot gym... Not even feeling the heat on the floor cause I was having so much fun
-Giving away equipment to the opposing team
-Having random people ask for my autograph and picture
-The high school- just about everything, ahaha... Fa getting kissed and watching the entire room burst into laughter
-Chasing hermit crabs with Patti for like an hour
-Cutting open my hands on the corral, and Jaicee cutting open her foot as we made it around the piers to the fresh water spring
-Trying to touch the fish at the beach where the fales were
-Chasing bugs in mine and Kat's room
-Singing hymns in English as the people sang them in Samoan.
-The feeling of being connected to them through a greater power
-Actually getting sun while at the fresh water cave pool
-Our van getting attacked by people who wanted tee shirts, Kayli's dad getting a dirty shirt from their hands, and yelling to Andrew to GOOOO
-Seeing a little boy wearing the shirt we tossed him... Smiles everywhere...Tee shirt drives were my favorite
-Listening to everyone's testimony
-I fell asleep on the plane ride home!! ME!! IIIIII fell asleep on the plane!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment