Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trip Reflections from the resident Kiwi

It all started 4 years ago when Sam, Andrew, Lacee & Jess brought the original UVSC team 'down under'. I skipped work for a week and followed them round, being drawn to the light that they glowed in. To have the opportunity to share in that a second time round, when I have come so far personally, was the sweetest, most loving experience I could have dreamt of.

Of course we had fun. How could we not!? Lugeing, eating, driving, sleeping, some more eating and taking in all the culture of my homeland is always such a special experience, and to share it with a group of such wonderful people only adds to the experience. This team, this program has changed my life, so to be able to return to NZ and share them with MY people was so special.

Adding to that was my first experience of Temple session, such a blessing to do that in my homeland.

Moving onto Samoa. WOW. It was such a privilege to share in that experience. From the out and out joy of the fun of the beaches, to the heart warming service we were able to do for the people of Samoa. What seemingly was so little for us (t-shirts and stationary) you could see
changed their lives.

To see Sam honoured and respected as he is in his homeland was so humbling, and only amplified my personal love and respect for the man that is 'THE WHAM'.

Thank you UVU for sharing this experience with me, thank you Sam for making this happen, thank you Lacee & Scott for being amazing, inspiring people and coaches and supporting the Wham so well, thank you girls for being amazing, fun, hilarious, energetic and enthusiastic!

Thanks for changing my life, I am truly eternally grateful.

Daniel













No comments:

Post a Comment