Monday, May 24, 2010

Trip Summary... By Garf

Ok so I sat down to write up this little trip summary, and to be honest I don't even know where to begin. I don't think there's anyway you can put into words what we were able to experience in that 2 week amount of time. Looking back on it, I know I didn't realize the magnitude of our trip, the lives we would touch, the experiences we would have, and the memories we'd have to take home. I know there were times when I was homesick, or uncomfortably hot, or ready for my own bed with my own shower and my own family; BUT those aren't the things that stick out to me. I will always remember how much fun we had meeting the volleyball teams in Auckland and how they said we sounded like "movie stars." And I'll for sure remember the night our host families from New Zealand sang to us and brought us all to tears. Or the adorable Samoan children at Ah Mu Academy and how all they wanted was hugs from us! I'll always remember standing around Coach's father's grave, listening to him pray and being so overwhelmed by the Spirit. And playing Santa Claus as we threw 8 boxes full of t-shirts out the windows of moving vans to the open arms of children and parents. And lastly I'll remember our final devotional, all of us sharing our love and compassion for one another, and the people of Samoa and New Zealand. These are the memories I'll cherish, these are the things I'll tell my children. I wish there was a way to share each and every experience, but there's not, and I think that's what makes this trip so special. Before I end, I just want to say thank you to all those who made this trip possible for us, especially Coach Atoa and all his hard work planning, campaigning, organizing, and then putting up with us for 2 1/2 weeks straight! His love for us girls is unmeasurable for all of that, so thank you Coach :) This was a trip of a lifetime! Thanks for everyone that followed the blog, keep following us throughout the season and GO GREEN!

Signing off,
Chelsey "GARF"












No comments:

Post a Comment